04/02/25

Tuesday?

Some good happened in between. Today I got a call from one place, they invited me for a job interview. I'm not sure I have a chance there, but it won't hurt to go and chat with people (I'll try to treat this as a valuable experience; my last interview was a disaster mostly because I didn't bother to prepare for it). 

Also, I booked a ticket for a flight to visit my family home. Just a few days in the last week of February, before the group I'm tutoring returns from their work placement. I called my Dad in the morning, and Mum later, when we were driving back from shopping, just to confirm the dates and cheer up whoever finds my visits comforting (Mum sometimes tells me I should save money for more important things; this time she didn't use this standard phrase of her, and was obviously happy; good).

Yesterday I finished reading Tokarczuk's House of day, House of night. In Polish, but I see that the book was already translated by fantastic Antonia Lloyd-Jones, and I'm sure at some point I will catch up with this version as well (I enjoyed her translation of Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead).

And music: The Cure's album Songs of a Lost World is simply amazing! I was swinging to the tune most of the day.

Below: a picture taken good three weeks later and posted here one rainy morning, because that's what I wanted to do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment