We parked at the Connolly Station car park and from there we walked to Dublin 2 visiting Tower Records at 40 O'Connell St Lower along the way. This first visit was very fruitful, we bought two DVD's (The Seventh Seal and In Bruges) and six CD's, most of them by Billy Joel. I noticed that Small Things Like These with Cillian Murphy is already available on DVD, fantastic film, what a pity it's not more widely known. We also visited Tower Records at 7 Dawson St, on the other side of the Liffey, but our finds there were modest in comparison. I bought three books at Hodges Figgis, so happy! The pile of books on my nightstand is quite large, but I hope I’ll manage to read them this year.
Dublin 1 was loud, crowded with weird folks, litter everywhere. It’s interesting to watch it, walk it, observe people swirling about, but wouldn’t want to stay there for good. Dublin 2 has a different, more friendly vibe. Btw, do you know (whoever is reading this) that Dublin is called Baile Átha Cliath in the Irish language?
Below: Fred walking in front of me under the North Wall, Tower Records' treasures, who do we have here? Mr. Bloom?, lunch at Bruxelles, and my precious books.





No comments:
Post a Comment