A Wednesday off between working days.
Woke up hungry but chose to start the day as always, with green tea. After breakfast I went through the recording of one of the skills demonstrations and marked my students' efforts so I could give them some feedback tomorrow. It was quite long, the group discussed the topic for over twenty minutes, I could also hear my own voice there, and a few times I heard myself using the Gaelic gasp (the pulmonic ingressive), which made me laugh. Yeah, yeah ... I don't know when I picked it up, but I love it.
Fred wanted to buy some bird food in An Iúraigh, and we both agreed this was a brilliant opportunity to stop in Dún Dealgan, at the 3rd Place, for some coffee and pancakes. After this feast, we sauntered off to the local library, and I didn't hesitate to buy three more books – Virginia Woolf's Mrs Dalloway and A Room of One's Own, and a poetry collection by W.B. Yeats. Why? Because they were there. That's it, I say. No more tsundoku. For March.
Around four in the afternoon already at home. Fred cooked us dinner. After eating I called Mum, we talked on Messenger for approx. 45 minutes. I introduced her to the meanders of my proffesional life, where I go, what I leave behind; I'm happy to make changes, I like modifications, they're good for the brain.
Below, pancakes and books.


No comments:
Post a Comment