18/04/25

Won't party too hard

A day off. The first four days at a new job went smoothly enough. My old-new manager's an interesting character to chat with. An atheist and anti-monarchist rolled into one, with an extensive knowledge of Irish history and no shortage of strong opinions. Not boring, that's for sure ;)

I finished reading the second volume of Jon Fesse Septology with novels III to V. It was a pleasure, and to people who don't like his stuff, I honestly can't explain why. More like a meditation than reading, that's how it feels to me.

Later in the day, I talked to my parents. They're getting ready for the Easter weekend, low-key preparations, but with a few classics, like painting eggs and making vegetable salad. I think, they're already happy just knowing we’ve plans together in May.

As for us, Fred's working four days straight from tomorrow, so I'll be mostly flying solo. On Saturday evening we're going into town for a bit pet-sitting adventure; we'll be staying at our friends' place for the next ten days.

No comments:

Post a Comment