Had a pretty good week at work – realised today I taught them well at least one Polish word: żółwik! But I’m already thinking about the holidays. Fred’s in Poland, enjoying his stay in Schloss Kleppelsdorf, a really beautiful, climatic hotel with a very friendly owner; I won’t be joining him there, though, we’ll meet in Wrocław on Friday evening and then head to my parents'.
In the meantime, the weather’s turned lovely here. After a kind of coldish Monday, and the town smelling odd on Tuesday after the rain, I was in short sleeves today; felt like the Irish summer's in full swing.
Last Sunday, we took part in the first round of the Polish presidential election. The political conundrum isn’t over yet, but I’ve decided to give my head a bit of a rest and not think too much about it, especially since I’ve seen tensions rising among too many people I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment