03/09/25

Storms

Autumn has definitely arrived.

Over the weekend, we had another storm – Gerben. An interesting name, not Irish obviously, but Dutch, meaning "spear-bearer". I've just learned that Met Éireann and the UK Met Office were joined in 2019 by the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute, their Dutch counterpart, hence the wider variety of storm names on the list in recent years. 

Gerben was the seventh and final storm from the previous list. With the first of September, a new season has officially begun. So, what can we expect in the next twelve months? Amy, Bram, Chandra, Dave, Eddie, Fionnuala, Gerard, Hannah, Isla, Janna, Kasia, Lilith, Marty, Nico, Oscar, Patrick, Ruby, Stevie, Tadhg, Violet and Wubbo. Kasia! ;)

As for work, the first three days this week have been a bit nightmarish, and the project is on the verge of collapsing. I'm meeting it with dignity and a steady supply of stress management :E

2 comments:

  1. l'estate quest'anno è durata davvero poco anche in italia.... ti scrivo da vicino a Monza e stanotte c'erano 16 gradi.... non è che il riscaldamento climatico sia un pò una fregatura, per fare in modo che spendiamo tutti i nostri risparmi ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't know Italian, and I had to rely on a translator. No, I don't think global warming's a scam :)

      Delete