05/11/25

Samhain and goodbye

Another week gone by, another month. We had a storm on Thursday, not as big as expected, just a regular Irish thing. It's much colder now. Samhain was rather loud – lots of fireworks in the surrounding neighbourhoods, it feels like it's worse every year. We had one trick-or-treater, it was our neighbours' grandchild, who decided to start his evening adventure with us. We weren't prepared, as we live in an area with mostly older people, but my husband acted quickly and found some German gingerbread cookies (thank you, Germans).

Last Sunday, my parents lost another member of their pet pack, their oldest cat, Maciej (Matthew). He was old, but his death was rather unexpected, he suddenly became weaker.  A very sad Sunday. I realised that I started blogging around the time we found Maciej at a cemetery, which is why I took so many photographs of him. It was sixteen years ago. Only sixteen years, but his whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment