Yesterday I stumbled upon something exciting (it's never too late for a good discovery): found out that Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders with Malkovich is available on the RTÉ Player. As a fan of David Suchet's Poirot I can say that Sarah Phelp's approach (the screenwriter) was distinctive, but also quite enjoyable. Found the pace a bit too slow at the beginning, and the darkness and digitally enhanced scenography too much for my taste. But from the second episode I was more and more entertained by the gloomy atmosphere and some expected alterations to the plot. I cherish the educational touch to it as well, as I had no idea what the flash and circle pin meant. Well, now I know (thank you, Uncle Google). Funny (not) how the society keeps recycling old scripts these days.
In the evening, Fred and I watched Rory Gallagher: Calling Card, a documentary about this magnificent guitarist, featuring his brother Dónal, and other people recalling the artist, Brian May among them. Nothing big, but time well spent.
Rory, what an irish face, indeed:

No comments:
Post a Comment