The lads who were installing the new broadband didn't show up until just before eleven. We were both surprised at how quick they got everything sorted, didn't take them more than an hour, even though they were drilling into the walls a few times, mind you. We are still Eir customers, nothing changes, only the bills (which are supposed to be cheaper and the service improved, but time will tell).
In the meantime, while sitting in the bedroom, I finished reading Antarctica by Claire Keegan. It's her first book, written over twenty years ago. I've already borrowed another one of her story collections, Walk the Blue Fields, this time as an e-book. I like the silent terror looming out of her narratives.
In the afternoon we headed over to Droichead Átha for some shopping. It was a bit fresh; between the shops, we went to Costa for a cuppa.
After getting back home, Fred was cutting the grass and having a chat with our lovely neighbour, the most attentive one who always seems to know everything about everyone, and shares all the neighbours' secrets, in confidence, of course. Kathleen. I really like her. I feel there's some profound goodness beneath all this nosiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment