Getting back to normal after the weekend was a struggle, especially since we didn't get home until two in the morning. For Fred it was even more traumatic, he'd only had three hours' sleep and was facing an eight-hour shift starting at eight o'clock. Tough luck. At least I could recuperate in the peace and quiet of my own home.
My first day back at work today wasn't too bad, actually. Had only three students, not much of a surprise after St. Patrick's weekend. We worked for three hours, and then, after I stepped out of the building, in a few seconds Fred pulled up right in front of me in our blue horseless carriage. We were nearly off, but after a quick chat decided to stay in the town and go for a coffee.
Back home, booked a flight to Poland, because the price caught my eye, €43,98 both ways, not bad at all. The rest of the day was a bit of a blur. Got back to reading the paper book I'd left off before the weekend, while Fred did a bit of cleaning, seeing as we’ve got the lads coming tomorrow to install the new broadband in the house. I have a good husband.
Below, coffees in our favourite place in Droichead Átha:

No comments:
Post a Comment