01/03/25

Family home

From Monday afternoon to Friday morning with my parents in a family home surrounded by the forests of Lower Silesia. I had the whole bed to myself (though the cats might argue otherwise, especially Wojtuś), took a peek at old series, like Kojak (episodes from the best year 1975), visited cemetry twice and bonded with Rozalka, who loved me more every day.

During my stay discovered that I was invited for the second interview (actually, the invitation was sent on Friday, but I hadn't checked that email account until last Wednesday, hope it won’t affect the whole process), and an hour later Fred got feedback about his CT scan: clear, no changes. Great news! The same day I took my parents for lunch in an Italian restaurant. I had better culinary experience, but Ma & Pa were happy.

On Thursday we went to Magnolia Park, the largest shopping centre in Lower Silesia; first we had lunch in Lepione, than a solid cup of coffee & a crusty croissant with carmel dip in Karmello Chocolatier. Pure satisfaction. The only thing that got me concerned was how quick Mum wore out, we hadn't even walked that much. 

Overall, I had a great time, and felt the stay was much too short. That said, I wouldn't want to live there for good. More than ever I need my own space, my own pace, my own ways of doing things.

Below: Wrocław Główny railway station, always the best first coffee in my grandma's glass cup, Gosia (Little Raspberry's sister), a good girl greeting me cheerfully, Rozalka, Wojtuś sitting with Maksio (the dog) and Rózia in the backgroud (minding her own business), coffee and croissants in Karmello with Mum & Dad.






No comments:

Post a Comment