Fred and I, we spent Saturday evening with our friend, in the final weekend of him being a grass widower. Happy time. We chatted about rats (real ones, smart animals) and politics (this awful situation with Zełenski, a war hero; the Orange man's enablers should be ashamed of themselves), but not in depth. I didn't want to see rat's dead body (not happy he was killed), and I wasn't interested in rewatching the Trump-Zełenski row stirred up by the unhinged human, who most likely never had to write a resume, having spent his whole career in his dad's company. Well, instead we watched a film by Emir Kusturica, On the Milky Road. Rather dissapointing, started off quite nicely, but turned into a piece of propaganda. Still, it was worth spending time in a good company, and then returning home in a thick, fairylike fog.
Today at home the whole day. Fred's cooking bigos. I talked to Mum on the phone, she sounded happy and interested, were exchanging news for almost half an hour. In the evening we watched The French Connection as our tribute to the late Gene Hackman. After all these years, it remains a great film. Gene turned 95 in January; was found dead last Wednesday, the cause of his passing is still a mystery.
I have to be up early tomorrow, but don't feel like going to sleep just yet, want to sqeeze in some reading; Fred is busy in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment