The money was allocated to renovate our small house, that’s the news of the weekend – I found out yesterday while I was walking towards the beach. Hope it happens soon, as I’ve been battling with the front lock for the past several months.
Friday was my final day at the place where I started working four years ago, just after the lockdown year of 2020. The farewell "party" was short – grand, I'm not really one for those sorts of things. I don't think they've had anyone before who was so organized without being full-on OCD. Technology worked in my favour, with one click I shared via Microsoft OneDrive everything I’d been working on over the last few months, and that was that. No regrets about this job; I've learned a lot, it gave me some time to ponder what I'd like to do next, and now I'm happy to begin a new adventure.
As of late, I finished reading Norwegian Wood by Murakami; I found it to be quite pretentious, and moved with relief on to Jon Fosse's I is Another: Septology III-V. I read both books in Polish translation, but, as always, I think it would be interesting to compare them with the English versions, as both Japanese and Norwegian are all Greek to me ;) And yesterday my husband and I watched There Will Be Blood with Daniel Day-Lewis, a fantastic actor. I loved the slow-paced script.
Sunday has been rather laid-back so far. Fred cooked beef stew, and I haven't done anything practical, just blogging and thinking, letting my thoughts settle a bit before tomorrow. In the evening we plan to go to our friends' for a chat and maybe watch a film on Netflix.
Below, Friday's farewell Victoria sponge.

ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your time off work, did you retire or taking on a new career? I have heard There Will Be Blood is a good movie. Hope you have a great week and Blessed Easter
Thank you, @Ginabeanz; as I mentioned in the latest post, started sth new this Monday, and I'm still getting used to everything. "There Will Be Blood" is worth watching :)
Delete