Felt a bit weird and confused today. Normally I'd do three hours of tutoring at one of the places, but again this specific group began their work experience the week I flew home, and I won't see them again before starting my so-called career, which happens next week. The whole time I kept feeling like I should be doing something else, which added a bit of anxiety to my overall well-being.
As Fred also has a few days off, we took Thursday for a little adventure. First, we walked to the beach and back. Then Fred pointed out that there were no eggs in Lidl and suggested we check one of the vending machines run by a local farmer, highly recommended by our lovely neighbour, Anne. I should've been preparing for Friday, but decided otherwise. I changed in five minutes, and we drove through the countryside towards the vending machine (with a little help from the GPS). Lucky us, with eggs in the boot, we decided to carry on. We went for a coffee in Dún Dealgan. It was a bit late, around five-ish, so the kitchen was closed, and I couldn't order my favourite pancakes, but well, it wasn't really a big problem. The weather was fab, so we decided to have a stroll to the bookshop with the obligatory stop at the shoe shop. And here's the surprise: all the shoes were on sale, which was especially unexpected given that the Barker shoes are usually quite expensive. The story was that the owner of Top Style Shoes is retiring after 50 years in the business, and he's sold the place to someone else. Fred's eyes lit up when he saw his favourite pair had gone from €310 to €99.99. He tried them on, decided he wanted them and that's when I stepped in -- I paid for them, happy to finally give him his long belated birthday present.
Here they are, woody brogues:

No comments:
Post a Comment